From item 3.7 of the PGP Faq (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/pgp-faq):

==
3.7. What if I forget my pass phrase?

In a word: DON'T. ...
==

  Okay, so I didn't rtfm ;-).  Here's the deal.  A while back I had three
different pgp keys.  I used two of them on a regular basis, but the third
one got pretty stale.  I had submitted one of the two frequently used keys
to one of the pgp key servers.  Then I read that it was a good idea (i.e.:
essential) that for best security you should use always make keys
expire in one or at most two years.
  All of my keys were really old.  So, I was preparing an expiration
certificate for the one key I submitted to the key servers and decrypting
everything I had encrypted with any of the two keys I had been using.
All files were unencrypted, the key was revoked, and I was ready to
extract it and submit to a key server to invalidate my key.  Without
realizing it, instead of extracting the newly revoked key, I extracted
the one key I hadn't used at all and submitted it to a key server.
  So instead of revoking the key that was sitting in the key server
databases, I submitted a second key.  And you guessed it -- because I hadn't
really used the key, I've forgotten the passphrase.  As a result, I can't
revoke the key.
  Any suggestions to help me out of this predicament?  It's not too serious,
since nothing's encrypted with it, but I just don't like having a bogus
pgp public key floating around out there.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior Systems Administrator