From: Derek Doucette [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 4:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: locked out of slackware

alright, I kinda screwed myself here but now I need someone else to help me
fix it
if possible. I installed snort, and added it to my rc scripts to start at
boot time,
yet forgot to include the '&' after the command to make it run in the
background so
when I boot it now, it starts snort and then is stuck there and I can't stop
it or
get any farther in the boot process so I can edit my mistake. I am using
lilo, and
when I tried typing linux single or linux 1, I get the error no such image.
The only
available image is linux-2.2.19.  I tried to download and get the boot disk
from the
slack site, (bare.i) but it still booted up fine and into the same scenerio,
is
there a way to boot to single user mode from a boot disk, or is there
another way
that I can get access to my box to fix my error??

Thanks,
Derek Doucette