Not only that, but did you see this from
http://www.wired.com/news/linux/0,1411,50124,00.html:

===
Some show attendees wondered whether applications and games developed on the Sony
platform could be freely distributed online as other Linux applications often are.
 .
 .
 .
The Sony official said the distribution licensing of developed programs had not yet
been finalized and said that the company would release full details on its PlayStation
website within a month or so.
===

  The utter arrogance.  (I say that with a yawn, though.)  Does Sony actually
believe that they have a right to dictate to developers what distribution
licensing they must use for *their own code*?  Especially atop a GPLed
kernel and many GPLed (GNU) support tools?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 12:04:28PM -0500, Rich C wrote:

> [...]

-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator
 Ever see a penguin fly?  --  Try Linux.