Ya know, I think Ellison has said this about one OS or the other perhaps 3
or 4 times, and only done it once (when they switched from VMS to Sun). At
one point, he said he was switching everything to I think HP, and a year
later he was asked if he had done it yet. He couldn't answer. Compaq ran
ads in Oracle Magazine with Ellison in them, telling the world that Oracle
ran it's key business systems on Tru64. Did he really? Folks I know in
Oracle in California say that business systems are running on everything -
Solaris, HP-UX, Tru64. Probably some AIX in there too.

I love Oracle as a product - I've used it in several high-end
implementations on three platforms, including Linux, but I don't believe
or trust Ellison. At all.

A year from now, show him the article and ask him how much of his business
is running on Linux. See if you get an intelligible answer.