You can customize the keys & mouse buttons in control center -> sawfish
-> shortcuts.  I use middle mouse button on the title to raise/lower,
F7 to iconify, etc.

I don't use the menus but I bet if you dig into it, there is a way to do
it from shortcuts.  You can set it to pop the apps menu or the main
menu (the foot).

Robert Anderson said:

>>>I've been using sawfish on Solaris 7, Solaris 8, and Mandrake for over
>>>a year.  I didn't know there was a .sawfishrc.  I've been able to
>>>customize everything through the control center just fine.
>>
>>Okay, then can you explain where I'm supposed to edit the root menu
>>contents?  I want to map mouse buttons 1-3 to diffent menus, the
>>contents of which are defined by me.  The menu editor doesn't seem to
>>allow for any other menu customization than the "Foot" menu (and for
>>some stupid reason I need to be root to do that!).
>
>When I first started using "sawmill" (the old name) I wanted a way to
>run my own commands via keyboard shortcuts.  That was the only time I
>needed to use their "lisp like" code.
>
>I found some examples and made the following file which worked well
>for awhile.  I no longer use it and do not know if it's currently
>functional or correct, but it worked for me when I used it.
>
>The main keyboard shortcut that I really wanted was "Alt-ESC" to run
>my "xask" (ssh to a system after asking me that name, it also updates
>the window & icon tittles).  I need this to functionality or I am
>lost.  Since then I found that if I changed my "xterm" command (under
>the SawFish Miscellaneous menu) to "$HOME/bin/xask", I can then use
>the "Shortcuts" menu's "Xterm" command choice to do what I was doing.
>
>The other shortcuts I didn't seem to need as much as this, so I just
>removed them after time.
>
>Well that said, here is what I was using back then:
>

>[rea@q ~]$ more rea.sawmillrc
>;; 4/20/00 [EMAIL PROTECTED] first added
>;; base on their stuff.
>(require 'sawmill-defaults)
>;; my new terminal
>(bind-keys global-keymap
>            "M-ESC" '(system "/net/home/rcc/rea/bin/xask &"))
>(bind-keys global-keymap
>            "CM-ESC" '(system "/net/home/rcc/rea/bin/xask -telnet &"))
>(bind-keys global-keymap
>            "M-E" '(system "/net/home/rcc/rea/bin/email &"))
>(bind-keys global-keymap
>            "CM-C" '(system "/usr/bin/X11/xcalc &"))
>(bind-keys global-keymap
>            "CM-S" '(system "/usr/bin/netscape http://www.clearstation.com &")
>)
>;;(bind-keys global-keymap
>;;          "M-W" (popup-menu (beos-window-menu)) )
>[rea@q ~]$

-------
Tom Buskey