To all you tar gurus out there, I have a question.

On box A (192.168.0.2) I have data that badly needs backing up. On box B
(192.168.0.9) I have a tape drive.

Can I use tar, over ssh, to back up box A to the tape on B?

Typically I just `tar -cvzf file.tar.gz directory` I've never used a
tape drive locally, much less remotely, so I'm comparitavely clue-free
right now.

The man page is rather useless, and info pages have never failed to
boggle me.

"Help me Obi-Wan! You're my only Hope!"

--
Thomas M. Albright (Linux user number 234357)
  Amendment IV