On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, at 11:15am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm confused as to how this would work.  The man page is talking
> about the invocation of a specific method, i.e. the 'import_names()'
> method.
>
> It sounded like things "just happened", when in fact, you must invoke
> this method intentionally.

  For Perl, yes.  PHP provides a setting which will do this automatically,
as sort of a "global default".  Obviously, having that turned on is going to
be a really bad idea.  Which is what the PHP authors were saying.  They were
not, contrary to Derek's assertion, condemning the entire language as
insecure.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>