Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Okey, RH 7.2 with most updates applied.  I used printconf
> to add a Samba printer, the one served by my Windoze box.
>
> It shows up in printconf, but not in printtab, nor in
> /var/spool/lpd.  So nothing can print to it because
> only printconf knows about it (no idea where printconf
> is storing the info between invocations).
>
> Any ideas?

Well, according to Redhat
(http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/custom-guide/printconf.html),
printconf creates the /etc/printcap on the fly. (I presume you meant
printcap & not printtab).

As I don't use RH 7.2, I don't have an example to go look at.

Perhaps, a man printconf or rpm -ql printconf to see where it puts
stuff.

begin:vcard
n:Jenkins;Dan
tel;fax:1-603-627-7513
tel;work:1-603-627-0443
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.rastech.com
org:Rastech Inc.;*** Technical Support Excellence for a Quarter Century
adr:;;21 Curtis Lane;Bedford;NH;03110;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Technical Director
fn:Dan Jenkins