Charles Farinella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:

>>> This is a kernel issue?

If it is what I experienced (i.e., if it's NOT a SCSI bus termination or
other hardware issue), then yes, it would be a kernel issue. You have to
look beyond what version of what distribution you're using and look at
the actual Linux kernel version. And, in fact, you need to look at the
version of the SCSI driver. Regretfully, I am at the office and can't
check my system at home, nor do I remember off the top of my head what
Adaptec drivers versions might (not) exhibit this sensitivity.
HTH,

Bayard