On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Benjamin Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   This was just reposted to the isp-security mailing list.  I know there are
> some crypto-heads on this list; anyone have more information?

Does anyone have a rough idea on how the RSA and DH algorithm scale
with key size in their day to day usage? (initial key generation and
key usage)  I'd guess it's some small power of the number of bits...
I'm not talking about the cracking algorithms, just the base
algorithm.

I've always wanted to jack the key sizes under my control (ssh + pgp)
to, oh say, 10,000 bits if I could.  I've never mentioned that desire
in public from fear of retribution :-)  I personally have no problem
adding a few seconds to each ssh and pgp usage.