I took my time coming into work this morning because I was sick yesterday
and still wasn't feeling all that great today. Soooo, that afforded me
the unusual luxury of listening to the BBC World Service News on WBUR(FM)
starting at 0900 EDT. At about 0925 or so, they went to their financial
reports and the lead story there was about how the German government is
going to Linux and IBM, eschewing Microsoft. The reporter pronounced it
correctly, made reference to the apps providers, detailed why the Germans
are doing this (saving them LOTS of money, and giving them the ability to
tailor their systems their way), etc.

I haven't checked the Beeb's web site, so I don't know if an audio file
of it is still available or not. But, I was very, very impressed at how
the story was articulated so that John Q. Public could understand it.

Bayard
(NO, this is NOT necessarily my employer's point of view!!)

Bayard R. Coolidge      N1HO    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed are
Hewlett-Packard Company         solely those of the author, and not
Nashua, New Hampshire, USA      those of the Hewlett-Packard Company,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (DEC '77-'98,CPQ '98-'02)   or any other entity.
"Brake for Moose - It could save your life" - N.H. Fish & Game Dept.