Hi all,

I think I'm suffering from brain cramps again today :)

I have a Debian system with nfs-common/nfs-kernel packages installed.
I have another system with nfs-client installed.

On the server, the /etc/exports file has the following entry:

        /usr/foo        @netgroup(ro)

/etc/netgroup has:

        netgroup        (client,,)

/etc/hosts has:

        128.221.30.37   client

On client, when I try:

        mount -t nfs server:/usr/foo /mnt

I get the error:

        mount: server:/usr/foo failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

In the /var/log/messages file on 'server', I
see:

        Jun  4 14:31:44 server rpc.mountd: refused mount request from client for \
        /usr/foo (/): no export entry

/usr is a separate file system, last I knew I didn't need to export /
for other file systems to be exported.  Anyone see this before?

NFS is compiled into the kernel (2.4.18), /etc/hosts.[allow,deny] are
both empty.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

Seeya,