On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, at 5:52am, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> I'm at LinuxTag in Germany, and whomever is providing the network is
> blocking port 25 (SMTP).  Don't ask me why.. :-/

  It is an anti-spam measure.  (It prevents spammers from setting up their
own SMTP mail exchanger and bypassing ISP access controls.)  Find out the
name of the ISP's local SMTP relay, and configure your system to relay mail
through that.

  With Sendmail, you do that by adding

        define(`SMART_HOST', `relay.isp.com')

to your sendmail.mc M4 macro file (and regenerating sendmail.cf), or by
adding

        DSrelay.isp.com

directly to your sendmail.cf configuration file.

  Hope this helps!

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>