Quoting Michael O'Donnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Does anybody know if it's possible to have a
> DHCP config that positions a local representative
> (server) on each of several isolated LAN
> segments, and where each such representative
> is really just a slave of (and relays traffic
> between its local DHCP clients and) a centralized
> master server that maintains a single database?

  What your talking about is basically DHCP relaying, if I read it right.
Relaying can be done several ways, including the standard ISC dhrelay deamon,
the native capabilities of many switches, or dhcpfwd (http://www-user.tu-
chemnitz.de/~ensc/dhcpfwd/).  Relaying basically consists of listening for DHCP
requests, 'forwarding' them to something, either another network, or a specific
host, and then responding on behalf of the server to the client..

  Is that what you mean?

--
Thomas Charron
-={ Is beadarrach an ni an onair }=-