We're -kind of- doing this here with PBR & GRE Tunnels - It's working well
for us.  I imagine you could do the same thing here, couldn't you?

This is the iproute2 package...

Let me know if you need any config examples...

Ben

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Ken Ambrose wrote:

> Howdy, all.  I'm moderately knowledgeable in routing, but I'm banging my
> head against the wall in this case: I've got a RH 7.2 box that has two
> NICs in it; one goes to our T-1 subnet, and the other to a cable modem --
> we've got it set up to act as a backup mail gateway if/when the T1 takes a
> hit.  Works like a charm.  HOWEVER, I can't seem to figure out how to get
> both interfaces to be "visible" at the same time from non-local hosts,
> thusly:
>
> /--------\            /--------\
> |Internet|            |Internet|
> \--------/            \--------/
>     |                     |
>  1.2.3.1 (router)      2.3.4.1 (Linksys behind cable modem)
>     |                     |
>  1.2.3.2 (eth0)        2.3.4.2 (eth1)
>        \                 /
>         \               /
>          \             /
>           -------------
>           |  mailhost |
>           -------------
>
> Now I understand that having more than one default gateway is... weird,
> and, usually, means that you're running a routing protocol such as IGRP or
> somesuch.  But what if you're not?  Is there any way to say something like
> "if traffic originates on eth0, reply to it from eth0; if it comes from
> eth1, then use eth1", and go from there?
>
> Any hints/suggestions/etc., would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ken

We know next to nothing about virtually everything.  It is not necessary
to know the origin of the universe; it is necessary to want to know.
Civilization depends not on any particular knowledge, but on the disposition
to crave knowledge.
                -- George Will