Suzanne,

When my wife and I were living in Plaistow, NH, we had to
go with dial-up for a while.  There is a company called
'BiznessOnline'.  They had a connection in Haverhill,
Ma.  I connected right at the high end of 56K every
time.  They are $17.95 unmetered.  They don't require a
credit card and bill you in the mail for the service.
Here is the link:

http://www.biznessonline.com/prodserv/access/dialup.shtml

Regards,

Jeff Kirkland