Jeffry Smith said:

>Second, I'm looking for a keyboard cable and the optical mousepad (or a new
>mouse) for a Sun Sparc 10 workstation.  I'm trying to get it working with
>Linux, and found out it's missing some parts.  Once set up, I'm confident I
>can run it headless (I used to with other Sun equipment), but, alas, need some
>basic stuff to get the new OS loaded, etc.

I have 3 sun workstations and no keyboard, mouse, or monitor for them.
I hook up a null modem cable to the serial port & a PC running kermit
or hyperterm at the other end.  Works great.  You only need it hooked
up to install.  One problem w/ hyperterm; it sends a break when you
quit, so unplug the cable before quitting hyperterm.

I have installed Solaris, Suse Linux and NetBSD this way.  They don't need
a GUI to install.  I don't remember if I played with Debian on 'em.

btw - if you have a sun4c arch. machine, linux runs horribly on it.
NetBSD runs *much* better on it.

--
-------
Tom Buskey