> On Jul 5, 2015, at 9:59 AM, Jeremiah Breeden <jeremiah.bree...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I don't really know a lot about how the DOM works, so I'll just ask:
> Does this mean if we are manually deleting items and recreating them that the
> DOM is ever growing (similar to a memory leak)?

Think of it like this, as long as you are displaying something (or just have
hidden) it is in the DOM and taking up memory. If you just destroy the Gnoga
object with out destroying the DOM object you are in a sense leaking memory on
the DOM side. Usually that is intended behavior. You want to leave what ever
you created in place. If you don't you can use Remove. Keep in mind that if you
Remove from the DOM a element that contains other elements all of them are also
removed from the DOM. One more thing, using Remove still takes memory on the
browser side until you also delete the Gnoga side which remove the reference it
maintains to the element on the browser side as well.

>   Since Gnoga doesn't provide customizable dialogs yet for Singleton, I have
> been hacking this by deleting and recreating views attached to another
> "container" view.  Is the inflating the DOM with abandoned entries?

To be sure, after hiding the view if you don't plan on using again, I would use
.Remove to make sure it is out of the DOM completely and then when your Gnoga
side object finalizes you can be sure all clean on both sides.

David Botton