On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 15:24, Shaun McCance <sha...@gnome.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 10:53 +0200, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the screenshots in the user manual are quite small. Maybe that the
> > writers thought to keep the Yelp window as small as possible this way,
> > but it is no longer needed. Yelp fits the picture into its window and
> > provides a button to blow up the picture to its original size, if
> > desired. That's why we shouldn't shrink the pictures anymore. On some of
> > them, the captions are almost unreadable at some odd screen resolutions.
>
> Which screenshots specifically? Some of the screenshots aren't used
> as detailed figures, but rather as an "oh that's the thing you're
> talking about".

I would say at least all the images from the "Introduction to GNOME" should
be readable. Currently it is very blur as an introduction (it seems like
whispering my name as an introduction)

Also I feel it is hard to picture where these elements are located on the
desktop. Because the images are cropped very close.

Also the small "Activity" image, is on top right on the help page, while it
is on the top left on the desktop, it does not help to locate it