On Aug 30, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> So now we have a location for APIs such as this, and a specific
> location for this API in particular:
>
>   http://api.gnome.org/yelp/forums?this+is+a+test
>
> Let me know if you need anything changed for this - after 2.16 is out,
> this URL and its operation will be *set in stone*. :-)

Trying to stay away from the bikeshed, but: This function isn't for
searching forums in particular, it's for searching the Web-based help
for the distribution (help.ubuntu.com for Ubuntu, novell.com/support
for Sled, fedora.redhat.com/docs for Fedora, and so on). So including
"forums" in the URL is misleading.

The only reason I chose gnomesupport.org/forums as a default was
because there didn't seem to be anything more relevant for Gnome in
general. (Not that there should be, but I guess some distributors won't
get around to customizing the function for their own help resources.)

Thanks for your work on this.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas