On 8/28/06, Amitakhya Phukan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to join the GNOME translation project and want to work on the
> Assamese translation. I have contacted the coordinator of this project, Mr.
> Sunaram Patir, and he has welcomed me to the project team and has directed
> me to this link:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/join.html
>
> I want to participate actively in this project.

Great! Welcome!

> Please do tell me what more
> is required from my side so that I can contribute to the maximum and how do
> I obtain the CVS access to it? I have already subscribed to the list at this
> email address of mine.

Your team coordinator should be able to tell you what needs to be done
for Assamese.
You should be able to translate without having a CVS account -- ask
your team coordinator what needs to be translated, then download the
necessary po/pot files from the web, and then send the finished files
to someone in your team that can commit the files for you. Being
granted a CVS account  of one's own usually comes *after* having
already contributed -- please see
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount for
details.

Christian