Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> På Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 01:19:42AM +0800, Abel Cheung skrev:
>
>> On 9/13/06, David Lodge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> <snipped>
>>>
>>> So I'm now getting "untranslated" strings on gok. (well only one as I
>>> added the Euro symbol to level2 :-) Any idea of how these strings should
>>> be translated?
>>>
>> That depends on how gok handles it. If transating it into anything
>> would adversely affect gok's behavior, I'd suggest not translating it.
>>

> When the msgid is "some prefix|" without an actual string, the translated
> msgstr becomes "" if no content is needed (see the translator comments in
> the gok .po files). Although "" is correct, this counts as "untranslated"
> for msgfmt/intlook/i18n-status, etc. This _is_ a problem.

In case the msgstr is untranslated or fuzzy, doesnt the original msgid
string show up on the interface? Hence if these strings are left blank
the original msgid i.e. "some prefix|" would be used in the display,
which beats the purpose of leaving out the prefix in the translation in
the first place.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

regards
Runa