We retract this request and will address this and other i18n/l10n
issues for GNOME 2.19/2.20.  As part of this retraction, we are
also pulling the special nautilus script from GNOME 2.18 and will
work to get it in for GNOME 2.19/2.20.

Thanks!

Will

PS - Regarding the question of concatenation of sentences: what
      we do in many cases is concatenate phrases.  Since we're
      dealing with speech synthesis, our goal is to present the
      most important information first - so we'll present the
      most important phrase first followed by other phrases.
      We also need to take care with how we use punctuation as
      it tends to introduce too much dead space in speech
      synthesis.  So, we'll often concatenate the phrases
      using " ".  While the resulting output does not always
      result in perfect grammar, but it does result in a more
      compelling user experience.

      I realize these goals may be in some tension with people
      who are used to seeing text on a display, and I realize
      we've also blown it in spots.  I look forward to fixing
      this for GNOME 2.20, but I'm going to need some
      understanding that the Orca user is not the typical
      GUI user and we need to present things/strings a little
      differently to them.