It would be very nice if l10n.gnome.org would help us manage
designation and maybe even commits. As a non-hacker, I can just wait
you guys to do whatever you believe is better, but I can't help
remembering there are also pootle and transifex out there.

1. http://translate.sourceforge.net/
2. https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/transifex/

While vertimus is already in use by a rather successful team, both
pootle and transifex are written in python. Pootle is quite
feature-rich; IMO its worse issue is performance, but AFAIK they are
migrating statistics to a database to help with this, and they are
migrating the web part to django too. Transifex is more recent, but
AFAIK is already integrated to damned-lies.

Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org