Hi Luca

On Jan 28, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> I've just committed little changes to messages from PolicyKit policies
> for Clock applet:
>
>   - Configuring the hardware clock requires privileges.
>   - Privileges are required to configure the hardware clock.
>
> This to match similar messages from PolicyKit package.

I know you're announcing this just as a courtesy, but ... I don't think
the new string is an improvement, unfortunately. It's not really your
fault, because you're following PolicyKit precedent, but really:
"Privileges are required"? That makes no sense except to computer
programmers. To non-programmer English speakers, privileges are things
that can be granted, accorded, withdrawn, stripped, enjoyed, abused, or
reserved, but never required.

More understandable ways of saying this would be:
*   "To set the clock, you need to authenticate as an administrator."
*   "To set the clock, you need to authenticate as a member of group
     <whatever>."

Where should I report the bug for fixing these messages in PolicyKit? I
don't see a PolicyKit product or component in bugzilla.gnome.org.

Thanks
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/