Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 22.07.2008, 10:54 +0200 schrieb Åsmund Skjæveland:

> I have seen "35mm equivalent" used. I think that's easier to understand
> than just "35mm". Then you would perhaps not need the "(lens)" in the
> first string, but something "(actual focal length)" works better with
> "35mm equivalent", although it's hard to explain how focal length works
> and converts between different sensor sizes in two sentence stubs :)

Well, yes "35mm equivalent" would probably be the more correct term.
The problem with this and "actual focal length" is that they are pretty
long. As we already have a width issue in EOG's property dialog I tried
to keep it as short as possible and the proposal for this variant looked
pretty good to me. Generally I would say the people interested in this
value know what is behind these values. But we'll see what userland is
going to say about this. :-)

Felix