On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Gil Forcada Codinachs
<gforc...@gnome.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for applying for a new translation team in GNOME!!!
>
> I'm not sure if his applies to your locale but still:
> https://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/NewLanguage
>
> Could you send a translation of say this module:
> https://l10n.gnome.org/module/gnome-icon-theme/
>
> So that we can create the team and stats in Damned-Lies (aka l10n.gnome.org
> :)
>
> Again, thanks for joining the GNOME Translation Project!
>
> Feel free to ask, in this list, as much questions as you run into ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Gil
> (Sorry, sent from phone)
>
> On Apr 26, 2013 10:29 AM, "nerzahd" <nerz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Full name: Mike Mueller
>> email: nerz...@gmail.com
>> bugzilla account: nerz...@gmail.com
>>
>> english name: Swiss German
>> native name: Schwiizerdütsch
>> iso 939 code: gsw

I'm wondering if this should be seen as a "new language" project or
more as a request for clarification of a legacy language code that was
commonly used, but seems to be increasingly replaced by a proper
ISO-639 code (de_CH > gsw)?

The former language project (de_CH) already exists and it does not
make sense to have two "Swiss German" projects at the same time.  I'm
no expert on this language, but as a general rule, I am supportive of
using a proper ISO code (gsw) when available.

https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/de_CH/

cjl