On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias.cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org>
> wrote:
>> Regarding (translatable) appdata.xml files for GNOME Software -- do we
>> need to actually apply for a freeze exception to add these, or is
>> notifying the lists sufficient?
>
> These are string additions, and on top of that, for strings that don't
> show up in the application UI. So yes, a notification to
> gnome-i18n@gnome.org should be sufficient.

I'm not sure this is correct. My understanding of the current String
freeze policy is that:
 * marking a previously existing but not yet marked string for
translation is ok and doesn't require permission (but announcing it on
the i18n list is appreciated);
 * adding strings, such as the ones for AppData, however requires an
exception and so you should get approval from the i18n team.
See https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/HandlingStringFreezes

It would be great if someone from i18n could clarify this.

--
Alexandre Franke