On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Milan Crha <mc...@redhat.com> wrote:
>         Hello folks,

Hi,

> I'm sorry, but I reverted your changes for the help/fr/fr.po in the
> evolution project on GNOME, because Alain's change causes a build
> break. I realized that when creating the 3.19.92 release. Please fix it
> this week, thus it could be part of the 3.20.0 release next Monday.

Next time please CC gnome-i18n as this will increase the number of
relevant eyeballs looking at the issue and the likelyhood of a quick
resolution.

> The build break I've got is:
>    $ cd evolution/help
>    $ make fr
>    Error: Could not merge translations:
>    'NoneType' object has no attribute 'node'
>    Makefile:1051: recipe for target 'fr/fr.stamp' failed
>    make: *** [fr/fr.stamp] Error 1

Not the most useful error. I didn't know how to solve it at first and
could only do it thanks to the help of Shaun on #gnome-hackers

Lacking a way to prevent or detect those errors earlier, can we at
least have a way to understand what's wrong?

> I wasn't able to find the cause of the build break, your changes were
> quire extensive, thus I decided to revert both commits (because they
> were related). I'm sorry for that.

I'm not sure what the best way to handle such cases would be, and I'm
not sure either that doing the revert/revert-the-revert dance is a
good idea. If anyone has any suggestion regarding how this should have
been handled, you have my attention.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director