Hey Mario,

On ĵaŭ, 2018-11-01 at 10:04 +0100, Mario Blättermann via gnome-i18n wrote:
> But Glabels development has been switched from GTK to Qt, and the
> version control system now resides at Github [1]. The upcoming major
> version 4.0 will be based on Qt. Along with the Qt port, we are no
> longer using po files, but ts files.

Apart from Sveinn's fairly valid concerns, I am not really understanding
why the switch from gettext to Qt Linguist was made.  Is it not possible to
keep using gettext (and keep all current infrastructure) while still
using Qt?  I understand that it is not Qt's native solution, but it's
perfectly feasible.  I know that KDE uses gettext instead of Qt
Linguist[1].

Kind regards,
Carmen

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Concepts/PO_Odyssey