czw., 27 lut 2020 o 09:33 Milan Crha via gnome-i18n
<gnome-i18n@gnome.org> napisał(a):

> On Wed, 2020-02-26 at 16:50 +0100, Alexandre Franke wrote:
> > Your case here falls under the “Change or addition
> > of a message that is not marked for translation” category, i.e. the
> > strings are already present in the code and they are just not
> > available for translators to translate.
>
>         Hi,
> not exactly, the string is marked for translation (that's how the
> translator found it) and it either needs a context or other way to
> distinguish the meaning in different, well, contexts.
>
> > The general rule is that developers should not touch translations
> > even if they want to help translators. I’ll let Piotr confirm whether
> > he thinks it applies to your specific case.
>
> Okay, let's wait. I'd prefer to use gtk+ translations, but both options
> work for me.
>         Thanks and bye,
>         Milan

So by “using GTK translations”, you mean copying existing translations
to Evolution’s po files, or tapping into the GTK translation domain?
The former is problematic, the latter you’re free to do.

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg
https://piotrdrag.fedorapeople.org