Hello,

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 11:48 AM Snehalata Shirude <
snehalata.shir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am from North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, India.
> I am working on localization of GIMP software and its user manual.
> The work regarding GIMP software is completed and Marathi has been added
> in last year.
> Now I wish to commit or push all translated user manual files for gimp.
> I referred to https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/da/apcs02s05.html
> And done steps
>
> make validate-mr
> git status
>
> Status is saying po/mr is ready.
> but when i try to push using git push it is giving error.
>
> remote: HTTP Basic: Access denied
> fatal: Authentication failed for '
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp-help.git/'

Most likely you were not given push permission on this repository, which is
normal if this is your first contribution there.
Instead you must create a merge request at:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp-help/-/merge_requests

To do this, first "fork" the repository into your personal user space (it's
not a real fork, they use the same word to just mean you make a personal
public clone of the main repository), push to your public remote, then you
can do the merge request from this remote.

If some of the steps I (very briefly) described here are blurry, I'm sure
there are a few tutorials about contributing on Gitlab on the web.
Otherwise do not hesitate to come on IRC too (#gimp on irc.gimp.org).

In any case, tell us if there are any more problems and we will help.

Jehan

--
ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net