Hi,

Le lun. 26 juil. 2021 à 12:03, Philipp Kiemle via gnome-i18n
<gnome-i18n@gnome.org> a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> When I want to commit the German translation of gnome-software
> (https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-software/master/po/de), this error
> message pops up:
>
> [Errno 1] Command: "['git', 'push', 'origin', 'master']", Error: Warning:
> Permanently added 'gitlab.gnome.org,172.31.2.39' (ECDSA) to the list of known
> hosts. remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to create protected branches on
> this project. To gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/gnome-software.git ! [remote
> rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined) error: failed to push
> some refs to 'gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/gnome-software.git'
>
> This has been the case for almost two weeks now... What is the issue here?

The issue is that gnome-software no longer has a `master` branch.
Damned lies needs to be configured to use the `main` branch instead.
It's possible that such modification has been done, but some cached
files still reference the old branch name.

HTH,

Abderrahim