Milan Crha created an issue:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/Infrastructure/-/issues/706

I see that `https://odrs.gnome.org/1.0/reviews/api/ratings` returns also an
ETag, but when I pass it in the call (there is used the current ETag):
```
$ wget --save-headers --header='If-None-Match: "11d0a5-5ce5a420980b3"'
https://odrs.gnome.org/1.0/reviews/api/ratings
```
then it downloads the whole file, even the ETag is the same.

Is it possible to implement it, or the ETag thing on this site is just kind of
a "leftover" and cannot be used at all? I do not know how these things work
under the hood, like whether the file is generated or anything like that.

The idea is to not download the file when it changed. It's relatively large and
the response from the GNOME servers is sometimes slow. The `If-None-Match`
works properly for the `https://www.gnome.org/start/unstable/schedule.ics`, the
server returns `2021-10-15 09:07:34 ERROR 304: Not Modified.`.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/Infrastructure/-/issues/706
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.gnome.org.