В Вск, 25/12/2005 в 12:56 +0100, Arjen Stolk пишет:
> On 12/24/05, Nickolay V. Shmyrev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > В Птн, 23/12/2005 в 14:52 +0100, Arjen Stolk пишет:
> *snip*
> > > Anyway, does it sound like something people would want? Also, does it
> > > sound do-able? I have a fair amount of experience with programming
> > > C/C++, including some GUI programming, but, as I said, don't know much
> > > about GNOME programming.
> > >
> >
> > That is the main point here. Definitely, it's not a high priority
> > problem and since nobody was actively requesting it as bugzilla shows, I
> > am not sure if it will be accepted at all. But of course it would be
> > nice to have such thing, moreover if you'd like to do it. If you'd like
> > to search for something else, just ask.
>
> First of all, thanks for the swift and constructive reply.
>
> You're right. I mostly brought up this project because it's something
> I've been playing with for a little while anyway. I guess I'll keep it
> as a toy project for myself ('cause it's good fun: not too difficult,
> fairly diverse programming) and maybe one day if it is reaches some
> stage of completeness I'll unleash it to the world :)
>
> In the mean time, I'm very much interested in doing something else, so
> I think I'll check out bugzilla, which seems a very popular suggestion
> to new arrivals. Anything in particular that might be fun and/or
> useful to do?
Well, this is very interesting and opportune project - getting rid of
esd. It should be relatively easy do do this. I've added some comments
on http://live.gnome.org/GStreamer_2fesd about usage of
notification-daemon to play sounds
But this is very major task, it's better to discuss it on desktop-devel
first.
_______________________________________________
gnome-love mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-love