Matt,
> Your mailing list settings were set to 'digest' so you were not getting>
> individual messages. I've changed this for you now.
But I've checked twice, I had not only digest, but also messages to be sent by
email.
Anyway, thanks, I get messages from the list now.
> > > New problems:> > My Treo 680 is randomly working. The difference is :> >
> > > For Treo 650, I must press the Hotsync button for beeing detected by> >
> > > udev, then /dev/ttyUSB0, 1 and /dev/pilot are created.> > But for Treo
> > > 680, these files are created as soon as it's connected to> > the USB
> > > cable. And the sync functions once / 3-4 times.> > And after that, the
> > > Treo 650's sync is blocked.> > Without getting into details, the Treo 680
> > > has differences that seem to> make it hard to use with the
> > > 'visor/ttyUSBx' connections and> gnome-pilot. You can search this list
> > > and the 'pilot-link-general' list> to learn more. You will probably have
> > > better results if you can use> 'libusb' syncing. This is now the default
> > > on Ubunutu, for example, but> you can try following the libusb HOWTO if
> > > your distribution is using> visor:
> > > http://code.pilot-link.org/README.libusb
During the time I tried everything to make it work, I've already tested "usb:",
and it worked when /dev/ttyUSB1 worked.
But in the README.libusb, it's stated that I should put visor in the blacklist.
I don't understand how both usb: and /dev/ttyUSB1 could function at the same
time.
 > > This doesn't surprise me. The entries will have different 'unique IDs'> on
 > > each Treo, so they will cause duplicates. I would have thought it's>
 > > pretty unusual to need to sync two palm devices with the same Evolution>
 > > install. I know there is code there to deal with a single palm and>
 > > multiple desktops, but it is possible that we would need to add> something
 > > to detect multple palms and a single desktop and use the same> 'slow sync'
 > > code path in that case.
Is there a way to verify unique IDs on both Treos, by a pilot-link command for
example ?

I travel a lot between two countries, so I get two Treos with 2 SIM cards, one
for each country.
It's why I need to sync these two Treos.
 > The obvious workaround is to have one of the Treos set to 'copy to PDA'.>
 > This will mean that changes made on that Treo will NOT show up in>
 > Evolution, but it should mean that you can sync with both devices> without
 > getting duplicates.
I've already thought to this workaround. But another inconvenience is that, in
gnome-pilot's settings, the "copy to PDA" is on the conduit, shared by both
devices. That means that I have to change it each time, depending on the Treo
I'm syncing. There is a great chance to make mistakes. It's better if this
setting is on the device setting.
> > Notice in Windows with Outlook/Pocket Mirror, the sync works very fine> >
> > with the two Treos.> > I am not familiar with how this setup deals with
> > multiple devices, so> can't comment.
I don't know how Pocket Mirror managed to sync the two Treos, but it does it.
May be it keeps track of unique IDs and a mapping between the two devices ?

Thanks very much.