On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Allan E. Registos <
allan.regis...@smpc.steniel.com.ph> wrote:

> I don't know if this was discussed already, I understand that the
> developers are busy, and so we "users" are also busy.  But I will try to
> voice my concern over the APPLICATION menu(or whatever it is).
> With the current build, the icon-based APPLICATION is pretty useless to me.
> Unless you are familiar with the image/icon (of your app) and can memorize
> the "keyword" of what application (using search) it becomes more difficult
> to find the app especially when you have tons of applications buried inside.

So, I had made a similar complaint before.  But I found that this set up is
no worse or better than the previous panel menu setup.  Mostly because to do
this day I'm never quite sure when I apt-get an app where it is going to
show up in the menu.  So I still hunt for applications in the menu system
when I add something new or not used something in a long time.  On the other
hand, when I am searching for an app that I'm unfamiliar with I use either
the keyboard shortcut or I roll over the icons.  I don't think that's any
worse than what we have.

sri