Denys,

How this would be different if basically the same Favorites IU element
> would, say, slide down from, or enlarges the top of the screen,
> when mouse is moved there? Imagine small Favorites thingy situated
> to the right from "Activities" in the upper left corner...

First, weren't you the one complaining about change "for the sake of
change"? Justin and me gave you a valid answer to your question (why aren't
the launchers on the top bar?) and yet you keep pressing on, telling us that
still, it could be changed. Apparently, just because.

Second, if you needed to actually take the cursor to the launchers for them
to enlarge, then it wouldn't really be any help, now would it?

I really don't know why I'm even replying to these messages. They're clearly
just rants and the only mystery here is why you word them as questions when
you're not interested in the answers.

This is getting old very fast.