> I tried this. It disables the dynamic workspaces. But unfortunately it does
> not give horizontal workspace navigation. All the workspaces are in one big
> vertical column. So, it is not much of a use to me sadly :(

I see what you are saying, it only solves one issue (static-workspaces),
while still leaving you stuck with the workspaces in a vertical column -
which you cannot change.

It sounds to me like someone really needs to come along and write as "expo"
type plugin, or at the very least - give the user the ability to decide how
workspaces are stacked and how they appear.

sorry, i wasn't of more help. i had thought atleast being able to do
static-workspaces might be useful to you.

jordan