On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpie...@mecheye.net>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Danishka Navin <danis...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Jasper,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Jasper St. Pierre <
> jstpie...@mecheye.net>
> > wrote:

> for

> or

> >> This is controlled by a gsettings key:
> org.gnome.shell.enabled-extensions.
> >

> > gsettings set org.gnome.shell.enabled-extensions  alternate-tab
> >
> > Is this correct?
>
> Not quite. The value is a list, so it would be:
>
> gsettings set org.gnome.shell.enabled-extensions
> '["alternate-...@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com"]'
>
> The value you put in the list is the name of the directory in
> /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions

Then what about following?

gsettings set org.gnome.shell.enabled-extensions
alternate-...@gnome-shell-extensions.gnome.org/

> >> This is controlled by a gsettings key as well:
> >> org.gnome.shell.overrides.button-layout.
> >>

> > gsettings org.gnome.shell.overrides.button-layout
> > 'menu:minimize,maximize,close'
> >
> > is this correct?
>
> Yes.

what is the difference between gsettings
org.gnome.shell.overrides.button-layout 'menu:minimize,maximize,close' and
the following?

gconftool-2 --direct \
    --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults \
    --type string \
    --set /desktop/gnome/shell/windows/button_layout
":minimize,maximize,close"