Bill Clementson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi Bill,

>>> 1. It is slow: It would probably be better to provide an async mode
>>> option. In other words, instead of waiting for the convert process
>>> to complete, let the user view the pages that have been generated
>>> and periodically, have doc-view automatically update the
>>> doc-view-current-files variable with the updated list of pages.
>>
>> I don't think that would help much.  The generation of the pictures
>> is about the last 5-10% of the transformation.

Please update.  I changed it to use plain ghostscript now, which makes
it about 10 times faster.  The results are nearly as good.  The only
real downside is that I didn't figure out how I can trim the margins,
yet.

Bye,
Tassilo