In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 Alexander Terekhov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's an illustration of what the lawyers he have checked with were
> talking about.
>
> http://petsforum.com/PSW/Docket/Stipulation.htm
> (STIPULATION OF SETTLEMENT AND DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE)
>
> That's not equivalent to
>
> http://www.terekhov.de/GPLvVerizon/VOLUNTARY_DISMISSAL.pdf

What do you find not equivalent about it?  The first spells out in great
detail what the settlement was between the parties, whereas the second
does not, but I don't see how that is relevant.  I don't recall offhand
any requirement in the rules that the filing for dismissal has to
include the terms of any settlement, or even state the reason for the
dismissal.

About all we can deduce from those two examples, I think, is that
Active Window Productions had a lawyer who was being paid by the hour
when the lawyer drafted the document! :-)

--
--Tim Smith