On Tuesday, 21 April 1998, Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> that seems overkill for the bracket. The vertical part is just a
> rule.  All that has to be done, is making sure that the pixels of the
> "hooks" and the rule align.  The rule can be done with \[hv]rule, but
> I'd rather move towards PS in stead of TeX.  The current setup forces
> an awkward 3 pass system onto the user (lilypond, tex, xdvi)

the bracket is maybe doable in as ps-only...

> But seriously.  If this really is a problem, then I gladly take
> suggestions.  However the number of patches to the MF sources that I

Uhm, make that 'We'?

> have received still is zero, nada.  No one seems to care.

Well, consider how easy and how much fun it is to write mf,
compared to c++.

This can only mean that everyone completely *loves* our feta font
(except maybe for the bracket ;-).

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | LilyPond - The GNU music typesetter
http://www.digicash.com/~jan | http://www.cs.ruu.nl/people/hanwen/lilypond