On Saturday, 27 June 1998, "Jeffrey B. Reed" writes:

> I have been attempting to keep up with lilypond and consequently yodl on
> WINNT.  The package has many dependancies, so lets start there:
>
> * read the INSTALL.txt - check out ftp://pcnov095.win.tue.nl/pub/lilypond
> * cygnus gnuwin32 b19 development kit - check out
> http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/
> * egcs - check out
> http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/egcs.html
> * python - check out www.python.org
> * perl5 - www.perl.com
> *gettxt - check out http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html
> *autoconf - if you want to apply patches http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html
> *groff - check out http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html
> * yodl 1.30.0.pre6 - check out ftp://pcnov095.win.tue.nl/pub/yodl

I'll put this in the w32 readme.

> The install command is another issue.  Since WINNT binaries get created with
> a .exe extension and the makefiles are looking to install the binary without
> the extension, installation can be bothersome.  I use this silly script to
> solve this problem.  This solution was suggested by Jan Nieuwenhuizen
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  There may be a better way.  I hope this get you started.
> I will continue to follow the lilypond development so keep in touch.

Thanks, i'll include the script and use it for the windows binary
distributions.
I'll zip an installed Lily from now on, using prefix=/usr, what about that?

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The Music Typesetter
http://www.digicash.com/~jan         | http://www.digicash.com/~jan/lilypond