On Wednesday, 8 July 1998, Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > I work on a win32 platform (Win95) with cygnus b19.
> > I want to build lilypond myself.
> > I have to use the yodl package, so I get the win32 executable package
> > nammed "Yodl-1.30.0.pre3".

Check-out the pre10 release.  There's a binary package at:

    ftp://pcnnov095.win.tue.nl/pub/yodl/windows32/

Like Yodl, LilyPond will now extract in a unix-like tree:

    usr/bin/
    usr/share/yodl/*

etc.

Both Yodl and Lily run in a the unix-like Cygnus gnu-windows environment;
hopefully Cygnus will adopt the /usr/{local/} tree too.

If you really don't want usr/ in your root directory, but rather scatter
your programs and packages all over your harddisk, do something like:

    md lilypond
    cd lilypond
    unzip ../lilypond-0.1.77.exe.zip

and add lilypond/usr/bin to your PATH and lilypond/usr/share/lilypond to
your LILYINCLUDE.

Greetings,

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The Music Typesetter
http://www.digicash.com/~jan         | http://www.digicash.com/~jan/lilypond