Hi,
        I noticed in fetdefs.tex:generalmeter{}{} that there was
        provision for   old-style mensuration marks, so I tried
        altering the parser and time-signature code to enable
        it... Now I get a tex file that won't work!

        In \generalmeter{}{} definition there are calls to
        \allabreve \threetwometer \fourfourmeter \sixfourmeter and
         \ninefourmeter

        These seem not to be defined anywhere?
        (I *expect* \allabreve to generate a broken right-facing
        circle with a vertical slash, \fourfourmeter to generate the
        same without a slash `C', \threetwometer to generate a full
        circle, \sixfourmeter to generate a broken circle with a centred dot
        and \ninefourmeter to generate a full circle with a centred
        dot.)

        I can't find anything that looks plausibly like a definition
        for these characters in the feta MF sources.

        I'm willing to clean up and submit the changes I've made so
        far, if a metafont expert can create the corresponding
        characters and TeX definitions (or point me to where they are!)

Peter C