[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I have tried to compile the menuet example of the tutorial with
> paper16.ly and paper26.ly but it does not change anything. My
> intention was to get larger notes.

> If my installation or some config wrong ?

I hope you use it correctly. Just including the file doesn't help, you
should also include the following in your \score declaration:

\paper{
  \paper_sixteen  % or \paper_twentysix
}

However, be warned that in some releases, only the most common
sizes (16 and 20) have been kept fully up to date.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to impose the number of bars per line ? For instance if
> you wish to prepare a piece for students it helps them if the spacing
> between notes is larger. So for instance is there a way to say that
> one wishes to have 6 measures per line ?

If the paper style didn't give you exactly what you wanted, you could
play with the parameters arithmetic_basicspace and arithmetic_multiplier.
See the reference manual for more information. If you want exactly
6 bars per line, you have to manually insert a \break command every
six measures.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Has anybody written an emacs (or xemacs) mode for lilypond ? I thought
> that this would be a neat tool and help write music.

A simple emacs mode is included in the distribution, look for
mudela-mode.el. Smart indentation is not supported yet.

     /Mats