i get an error compiling up lily 71 regarding msgfmt

../stepmake/stepmake/Targets.make:75: warning: ignoring old commands for
target `show-po-changes'
msgfmt -o out/it.mo it.po
usage: msgfmt [ -dv ] [ - ] [ name ... ]
out/it.mo: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [out/it.mo] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/derek/scratch/lilypond-0.1.71/po'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have never used msgfmt -- i have seen it lives in
/usr/openwin/bin/msgfmt.  Is this the right one?  I did a find on the
system to find it, and this is the only one that came up.

Any help is appreciated.

Derek

Derek Quinn Wyatt        | Check out "Harmonia"
Unix Admin / Programmer  | Musical Typesetting Front End for LilyPond
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   | http://www.scar.utoronto.ca/~derek/harmonia