Hi,

I'm interested in mucking about with some lily-related projects, like
an editor or a scanner.  I probably won't produce anything useful but
we'll see how far I get--maybe I can produce something that could hook
into Nick Bailey's editor project.  It would be nice to be able to
take over a lot of the lily class hierarchy fairly directly.
Unfortunately I only know Java, but C++ is pretty closely related so
reading lily code is getting somewhat easier.

Still, the advice given in the web page

  The entry point is in main(). Good luck. :-)

  Seriously, read, reread and reread internals and CodingStyle, and
     just start anywhere.

is hard for me to follow.  The documentation isn't helping me much
either--"shoot the piano player"?  internals.html says, "A more
thorough and understandable document is in the works."  Is it perhaps
lying around uncompleted on someone's hard drive?  How did the rest of
you contributors get to the point where you could write code for lily?

thanks,
Mark Fardal
Amherst, MA