[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > Hopefully, there is a more elegant fix for this.  There is probably
> > some problem with the detection of guile.
> Could you try the patch below (run autoconf after installing it), or
> see if it's fixed when pl8 comes out?

Guile is still not detected, but when I change config.cache manually
and then rerun configure, I get the -lguile load option that I need.

I recompiled Guile 1.3 to exclude the use of qthreads, otherwise I
would still have had to add -lqthreads manually in config.make.

The main problem is that Guile isn't detected automatically.
I'll see if I can fiddle around with the test case in configure
to make it work.

    /Mats